Welcome!


Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Blood Tests today

Hi everyone,

Well, I woke up earlier today....my son hates storms and woke me up. So, I collected the urine speciman and froze those. Never done that before at home! They gave you a small cooler to hold it all in. It came with a freezer block that I froze for several days. So, it all had to go in the cooler when I left for the hospital.

At the hospital lab, they took 4 viles of blood. Nothing new for those with neutropenia. And, I guess FEDex picks it all up and it gets delivered to a lab in North Carolona. They joked that I could tell others that my blood was sent to another state! Not sure if that's really cool :) (at least it's not something you wish for).

The test results can take up to a month. So, we'll see. I am not going to get my hopes up. I have been living wtih Neutropenia for 20+ years-I am sure they are not going to find the 'key' to this condition now. Still interesting to see what they will find.

Energy was a 5/6 today. I started with a bad heached but I assumed it was from fasting, being de-hydrated and not enough sleep. The headache did go away after I ate lunch.

You are all in my prayers.
Take care,

Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment