Welcome!


Sunday, October 21, 2012

Foods & Neutropenia

Hi everyone. Thanks again for reading this blog. Someone wrote to me and asked about any foods that you need to stay away from with neutropenia, or low neutrophil counts. Please note-I'm not a doctor, just an individual who struggles with the effects of neutropenia. My doctor and I have felt that I can eat almost anything-the only thing I stay away from are sprouts. I make sure I wash fruit and vegetables well. In addition, when my counts are lower, I tend to stay away from salad bars at restaurants. However, when my counts are really low, I tend to eat pretty bland foods anyway since my stomach is not always 100%. I do know that others have restrictions that they follow in regards to food selections. Please follow what your physician wants for you to stay healthy. Sorry if this doesn't help much. Just want what is best for everyone. Take care. Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment