Welcome!


Monday, April 26, 2010

Counts Dropping

Last week, I have my blood counts drawn. My white blood count and neutrophil counts have dropped. The symptoms that I have been experiencing are due to the low levels. My body has always done fairly well with Neutropenia until recently. Now, it seems I will have to put up with the symptoms that come and go-sore throats, muscle pains, etc. I have had low grade fevers each day for several months.

My doctor says I need to relax and take it easy when I do not feel well. I understand-but this is difficult for me. Not only do I have 2 kids-6 and 8-but I have such drive to get ahead at work that being satisfied with my current work is hard for me to do. I will try to learn! Really! I am thankful for what I have-I know things could be worse. And, I know I need to keep myself healthy. We'll see how it goes. However, in reality-I think I'm in denial.

My counts have dropped over the last couple years-and I am worried they will continue to fall. I sometimes wonder when it hit-when will I get sick-and will I ever feel healthy again?

No comments:

Post a Comment