Welcome!


Saturday, June 4, 2011

June 4, 2011

Hi everyone,

I hope you are doing well. I have been taking the herbal supplement for a couple weeks now. I have added a small spoonful of the powder to my homemade protein drinks so that I cannot taste it. The herbal powder does not smell bad-it smells like a grain-but it tastes terrible if you just mix it with water. Blak! :) Anyway, I cannot taste it in the protein drink so that's where I take it.

It's been about 3 weeks of taking the herbal powder and to be honest, I have felt better the last three weeks over all. Don't get me wrong, I have my bad days or evenings-but for the most part, my energy level has stayed about a 6-7, on a scale of 1-10, over the past several weeks. Yesterday, it did start to fall a little, to maybe a 5-and I am not feeling the best today. But, I haven't felt a 7 for that many days in a row for months-so, I'll take it! :)

I have done other things here and there-and so that could be helping too. I don't want to think it's all the herbs-because as much as I want to like Eastern Medicine/remedies-I am still a skeptic (I wanted to be a family medical doctor before I knew where this condition would take me). But, I do think there is a place for both western medicine as well as alternative.

Anyway, I have stopped drinking Diet Coke (which I loved and was addicted to/yes, I miss it), still exercise but I am better about taking days off when I need to and not over-doing it, making sure I eat enough protein (I am a vegetarian, so it can be difficult), getting enough sleep, yoga/deep breathing, and relaxing at night rather than working (yes, I did this often in the recent past).

So, I assume it's all having a positive affect on my body/immune system.


Last night, I started to feel overly fatigued and my bones hurt more than they have in three weeks. I also have a headache/jaw pain-I hate those! It's beautiful outside today and I hope to get in the gardens-but will not try to do overdo it.

Stay healthy everyone! Enjoy your weekend,

Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment