Welcome!


Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Feeling absolutely wonderful....knock on wood

Hi everyone. Sorry that it has been so long since I have written. I didn't know what to say anymore. I didn't want to complain about my symptoms because honestly, I believe there are worst things. Many of you suffer from terrible symptoms-I'm so sorry. I do hope the best for you and keep you in my prayers. Last month, I had the stomach flu pretty bad. I couldn't eat and it lasted a long time. During that time, my pain went away. Yes, all of it. Bone pain. Sore throats. I started to think it was connected to food? So, I wanted to try something-I have eliminated gluten and have limited my sugar. I feel wonderful! The pain is gone. No pain meds for weeks! Yes! Please note-I do not believe this is associated with the neutropenia. For years, doctors said the symptoms do not match others with neutropenia and thought it was something else. I didn't believe them. Perhaps it is true? Too soon to tell. I still have low grade fevers-which is from the neutropenia. I hate to even write this knowing the pain could return at any moment. I have had neutropenia for over 20 years. The other pain-bone/muscle, nausea, sore throats, lung pain-started about 2008. It's been a long ride. Ugh. Anyway, it's hard to eat this way-but if keeps making me feel this good-I'll continue forever! Yahoo. I'll keep you posted. As for my neutropenia, my counts are staying in the normal range for me: moderate to severe neutropenia. I have continued to exercise-swimming and walking. I am afraid to run still, thinking the pain will return. But I will keep moving along, praying this all stays this way. Thanks for reading. I will keep you posted. My thoughts and prayers are with all of you who struggle with neutropenia. Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment