Welcome!


Saturday, March 5, 2011

Bone Pain

Hope everyone is doing well today. Just wanted to post about bone pain. I know that others with neutropenia struggle with bone pain as well so, I thought I would write about my experience.

I have bone pain every day. Some days are better than others. Usually, the pain is between 4-7 on the 1-10 pain scale. (9 was the birth of one of my children-hard birth; I figure 10 is something I have never felt before). The pain is deep and usually affects the legs and arms. Lately, it has started in the ribs, jaw, and hands/fingers. Sometimes the bone pain is severe and feels like shooting electricity down my leg or arm.

The things that have helped the pain includes exercise, yoga, heat, and pain meds. I take a prescription Naproxen which does take the pain down a couple points to 3-5, but does not eliminate it. Exercise does make the pain feel better-perhaps moving the body around makes it better. Yoga and stretching are good too.

There are days that the bone pain makes me so fatigued/tired that it can make it very difficult to work an 8 hour day. My employer is great however and allows me to work from home once or twice a week.

Do others with Neutropenia struggle from bone pain? What does it feel like? Are there things you do to help minimize the pain?

No comments:

Post a Comment