Welcome!


Saturday, September 24, 2011

New Round of Blood results

Hi everyone,

I had my blood checked yesterday. My white blood count is about the same: 2.0 and the Neutrophil count jumped from 0.2 to 0.4. Still in the severe neutropenia range-but at least it went up. Doctor said to keep up protocols: stay away from sick people, wash hands, stay away from large crowds, etc. I will see him if I become ill.

I continue to take the strong vitamins-although I am down to one per day (instead of two per day). I would stay overall that I am feeling better than I did months ago. I still have bone pain and I have resorted back to my pain meds and that does help. I did have a bout of mouth sores-but they are now gone.

However, I have yet to get a fever since the vitamins started. And, I don't have the daily sore throat or lung pain. I have woken up with lung pain-thinking I may have pleurisy or something-but it doesn't last more than a day.

I was also skeptical of the acupuncture. I really didn't know if it would do anything for me. But, the needles no longer hurt when I have it done-and I do feel more energized after having it done. So, perhaps there is something to that! Cool!

I continue to exercise-even on days when I am so tired-and it does help. I can say I feel better on days that I do exercise than other days. I have had to scale back on the running due to the bone pain-but I am going to try to start up again. I have kept up with the swimming and elliptical. I have been using hand weights at home to build strength. But, now that my counts are up some, I want to go back to the gym and use the weight machines-I think lifting weights helps too-makes one feel stronger. That is just based on how I feel-I don't know of any studies :)

I see my doctor again at the end of October for a normal (3-month) routine visit. I assume he will check my blood levels again then. In the mean time, I will keep you posted on the bone pain, any illness, etc due to the neutropenia.

Hope you all stay well. And, thanks again for reading.
Take care,

Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment